Thursday, March 8, 2012

LIM - The Virtues Of Pure White

Egg whites are fabulous for a low-calorie (15 per), decent dose of protein. My preference is for blandness, at breakfast-time; but watch out if it's mid afternoon, when veggies of all colors work well, and herbs and spices ramp up flavors.
5 whites, 2 slices tofu, 1 string cheese and a
few reds = only 300 filling calories
Yesterday morning, I was ravenous. Whites and rice cakes didn't cut it, so I went for an omelette with creamy tofu (60 calories in a 1" slice) and mozzarella string cheese (85 calories for one, part-skim piece). A dash of red and no further enhancement.

The MORI-NU organic tofu is amazing. Soybeans water and a coagulant are poured into packages and sealed. The ingredients transform into tofu. Refrigeration is unnecessary till opened. The product is unlike any other I've tasted. Niece Vicki tells me she eats it right out of the box! You must try it. It's readily available online for as little as $2.00 a box, free shipping. I order in bulk, thanks to its freshness factor. I'll soon experiment with new ideas.
 Please stay tuned.