Thursday, December 11, 2014

I'm Believin' That...

…Christmas cards are becoming a thing of the past. Would you agree? Thing is, the first one used to come right after Thanksgiving. It was from Dawn's mother, may she rest in peace. Then, the onslaught would continue, often till a few days after the holiday. Now? It's a whole different ballgame.

Here is is December 11th and we've not seen one. Several friends have begun a new tradition of New Year greetings. That works. But most have quit the habit. Can you blame them? It was always the tradition I found to be a chore… especially when we sent scores of wishes to customers I didn't even know. I was the buyer, writer, sealer, stamper, sorter. Ugh. So, what keeps me going? It's the…

MD Anderson Children's Art Project. Last year, I did something different and then felt disloyal. This year? I'm back to believin' in those amazing kids who are fighting the battles of their lives and still exuding cheer.

This post is for my Michelle. I can feel her sitting on my shoulder and telling me, "Okay, enough horsing around. You've had your latte; now, get busy!"