Wednesday, May 13, 2015

LakeHouse Cucina is Cookin' - Angel Hair 'n' Hummus

The new kitchen looks gorgeous. That's a given. But the true test lies in how it flows. I'm here to say it flows well. Other than burning my arm multiple times in adjusting to the new oven :-), I'm loving it. Problem is, the lake view keeps drawing my attention away from tasks at hand. Maybe THAT''S why the bodily harm? Consider last night's sunset. Brilliant, for a while. Then, a nasty storm took hold, drenching us. It lasted for ten minutes, before the return of Old Sol's descent. Just look at that sky. Who could concentrate. A rhetorical question. I digress… on to the recipe.

A Rachel Ray magazine arrived the other day, for some unknown reason. Didn't subscribe. Did buy a couple of her products. Maybe the subscription is a bonus? Well, in leafing through it, I came across a Judy Greer recipe for Hummus Sesame Noodles. Must admit, it never occurred to me to dress angel hair in hummus, always present in our fridge; but it worked. Ingredients were adapted to what I had available; you can do the same. I'll give it to you straight:

1 lb. angel hair
¾ c hummus
¼ c veggie stock
2 tbsp. soy sauce
½ c. peanuts, crushed
⅓ c sesame seeds, toasted
snow peas and scallions
1 c pasta water for loosening

Whisk hummus, stock and soy in bowl… add cooked pasta and toss… allow to sit for about 15 minutes, then add water as needed… plate and top with remaining ingredients…

Please Play… as I said, just use what you have beyond the hummus. And serve it hot, if you like. Delicious. Who would've thought?