Thursday, August 26, 2010

Neuroses And Such

So, I'm reading EAT PRAY LOVE... well, to be more accurate, I'm skimming through it. About fifty pages in, I became annoyed by the author's style and concept. If nothing else, it assures me that neuroses of all degrees run rampant in the human race. No denial here. I've got a few doozies of my own that qualify me as a member of this particular club. However, a year-long trip to three countries is not in the works. My reality. 
Just have to deal.

My privacy issues are totally questionable. Two acres of property are not enough to secure my safety net. Poor Joe. When I'm not adding new sections of fence, he's searching for baby trees. Check out the amazing row of spruces above, planted just a couple of years ago... each about a foot tall. Hey, my Hero doesn't just transplant them... he Miracle Gro's them to the nth degree. Thanks, Honey.
Then, there is my more serious case of arachnophobia. LOOK! I'm working on it! Yes, I acknowledge the itsy bitsy spider's amazing talent. There is something to be learned here, for any decent weaver or knitter. But that's where it ends for me. When I.B.S starts to move, I'm out of here. Makes me think of my Dad, who used to run to my aid upon hearing my youthful screams, as he proclaimed, "Get out the shotgun; Nicki has seen a spider." Thanks, Daddy... my first Hero.

Other issues? You don't want to know. There's absolutely no humor in them. Therefore, without knowing how the story ends, I do wish for Author Gilbert to find whatever helps her, as well as a suitable Prince and his soothing lovepotion.