Monday, August 2, 2010

An Omen?

Joe keeps telling me that all the veggies I eat can't possibly be good for a human being. He swears by meat and pasta, without the green. Well, he just might be right, 'cause his goppy, gooey, veggie-less shrimp dish from our favorite Chinese restaurant didn't make him sick on Friday night. I, on the other hand, within an hour of eating my "healthy version", veggie-laden shrimp dish, turned a lovely shade of green and became violently ill. Sparing the graphic details here, I'll only say that I remained rather limp and useless on Saturday; but knowing Nurse Kim would soon arrive soothed my tender soul.

 Sooooooo, just for the record, one is not clearly safe leaning towards vegan-ese. Check this out:
I've only gotten sick on food three times in my life and always on Chinese. I'm giving it up, pre-Lent. 
Just sayin'.