Saturday, February 14, 2015

This is Dedicated to the One I Love

If you remember the song, you're old, just like moi. But, man oh man, it remains a classic. And I'm talkin' The Shirelles, dear Friends. Reminds me to spread the lovin'…

The other morning, as Joe and I glanced outside to say, "Buongiorno, World," we simultaneously absorbed and commented on the beauty of the winter Twisted Nut Tree. It's spectacular. And one can't help but notice it every day. But that morning was special. It was the sharing of minds in the moment, pretty much defining our relationship. We often blend into one. As soon as Joe left for work Belleayre, NIK and I captured Twisty. But I digress, so back to the Shirelles…

Though originally released when we were just pre-teens, their version really caught on in the sixties, before others covered the song. Perfect. Back in the day, it accurately expressed the agony and the ecstasy of a two-year, long distance relationship, prior to our wedding date. Separated by miles and miles. Moving in with the fiancé wasn't an option, back then. No texting. No Facetime. No e-mail. And, worst of all, long-distance phone calls cost boatloads of $$$$. Yet, it was love taking us above the clouds. Can you feel it??

Happy Valentine's Day, Honey, with my forever mindful love.