Saturday, February 7, 2015

Zoji Bread Transformed… My Way to Pumpkin*Raisin*Apple Bread

Yesterday, I posted the Zoji ingredients for a one-pound loaf of pumpkin bread. Calorically safe with half of that one in the freezer, I decided to use the rest of the puréed pumpkin, so as not to waste it. This time, I added:


Two or so tablespoons honey with the wet ingredients, instead of the sugar… and…

One diced apple, along with more raisins at add-in time… and…

More cinnamon

Works for us. I'm shooting for nutrition-ridden breads needing no spreads (or perhaps one of all-fruit), rather than simply-delicious-but-non-nutritious white bread that begs to be laden with sweet, creamy butter. It was my bout with nutrition issues that makes me think twice about everything we consume. Furthermore... 

Don't be intimidated by the machine's advice to be precise. Once the amounts of wet, dry and added are understood, feel free to play.

This post is for Zu.