Friday, October 29, 2010

The Girls - Pure Escapism

We had the oppor-
tunity to kill a couple of hours the other day, with Joe cuddled up in "his" chair, feeling rather crappy, and the remote tucked safely in my non-clicking hand. So, "Sex And The City 2" it was. In this instance, I did not read the NY TIMES (link) reviewas is my custom prior ordering a movie from Pay-Per-View. I didn't want to hear anticipated negativity. You know - it's a sequel to a sequel, considering the fabulous 
HBO series, followed by the fun Movie 1.

Long story short, the TIMES isn't wrong; and Joe agrees wholeheartedly. Of course, he's not really entitled to much of an opinion, as the musical backdrop quickly became light snoring. Once I hear the sound of that big Lazy Boy being tilted back - well, you know the rest.

As for moi? I was contented to be sitting in one spot for a while, not racing around like there's no tomorrow. Long sick of political ads, tragic news, and Joe's preferred Judge Judy, I was ready for escapism, a laugh and flamboyance of the sexiest variety. And, I'm a fan of the used-to-be-dastardly 
Mr. Big. By the way, do y'all watch "The Good Wife", also with Chris Noth? Super show. 

Back to Big and my girls. Don't expect much; you can read a book, while you watch this one - after all, 
it's just a fantasy.