Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Hello Again! We were away for a few, in celebration of our upcoming 44th. We had an awesome time, and I shall soon happily elaborate. Before doing so, though, here's a little unpleasant anecdote I need to share. 

Y'all remember the fun days we spent with our Baby Grands at Meyers Farm; yes? Mmmm, hayrides... constructed with bales of hay used as seating for the masses. Hay... borne from tall grasses, the ones for which we are supposed to dress in armor before mingling with... havens for ticks, too many of which carry Lyme Disease.

Unlucky for me was the occurrence of having one nail me on the meatiest part of my anatomy. Lucky for me was the fact that I developed the typical rash that is a clear sign of the infection. Even luckier was the ability to start antibiotics within a week, while the malady is still in its earliest stages and not usually problematic. Beyond lucky was the little bastard's choice of victims... moi, rather than my Grands.

What can I say, except that there shall be no photo display for this one... and, remember to spray even your clothing, when venturing into the great, hazardous outdoors. This could have happened just about anywhere, including my own backyard.