Monday, October 4, 2010

"To Love Another Person Is to See The Face Of G-d"

As we prepared to visit London years ago, a friend asked of me, "What is on top of your to-do-and-see list, while there?" I quickly answered, "To see the London version of 'Les Mis'." Friend responded, "But you've seen it twice already, on Broadway..." Didn't matter. We did see it again, while visiting... and I'd see it again and again and then again. For me, all plays are measured against this, my all-time favorite. It possesses a timeless story and a musical score that reaches great, soulful depths.

An ND acquaintance was privileged to see the 25th Anniversary performance of the show at the O2, bringing fans' attention to the embedded video. Ah, tomorrow I shall listen to the score; it remains 
ever so spine-tingling.