Thursday, October 21, 2010

No-Proof Soup Recipe

Soup Weather... Yesterday At The Rio
1 box Pomì chopped tomatoes, slightly puréed 
1 1/2 cups turkey or chicken broth
1 1/2 cups cooked rice; I used red jasmine tonight
1 cup cooked, diced, white meat turkey or chicken
Parsley, Oregano, Pepper to taste
Half 'n' Half - optional

Today flew by, and I was happy to find portioned broth and turkey in the freezer. I combined both ingredients with freshly cooked rice and puréed tomatoes. After seasoning, I let the whole shebang simmer for a few. Didn't expect it to be so delicious; we devoured it, before I could go snap, snap. Photo proof to come, 
next time 'round!
One Week Later - Next-Time-'Round Proof
Made with chicken/chicken broth-no cream necessary.


If you like creamier, lighter-in-color soup, add some Half 'n' Half... or, even better, a dollop of 
Chobani Greek plain/non-fat, to send it over the top! Measurements are approximate, in keeping with my style of cooking.
YUM!