Sunday, October 17, 2010

Thoughtful Twice

So, you'll recall my recent forgetfulness? Meanwhile, Mom, 91, exercised some pretty awesome memory. When I walked in with her groceries last week, I noticed an orchid, newly placed among her plants. "That is gorgeous," commented I. "Oh," answered Mom, "Vinne brought it to me, but I didn't see him. He's sick; so, he left it on the porch for me. Wasn't that nice? 
Isn't it beautiful?"

That evening, I got in touch with young Vinne, who became fond of Mom when just a boy and continues to visit her whenever he returns home. When I thanked him for his much appreciated attention and kindness, he told me  "...I love my Marge... and thought of her when I saw the plant..." 
Thoughtful once.

Yesterday, along with C/D/H/C's magnificent fall bouquet, the greenhouse delivered an orchid twin. The minute I laid eyes on it, I knew. Sure enough, when I called to thank Mom, she said, "Well, I remembered how much you liked mine and thought you would
 enjoy one, too. I wish you and Joe many, 
many more happy anniversaries." 
Thoughtful twice.

Imagine a world of such chain reactions. 
Thoughtful thrice? And then some. 
That's lovely Vinne and my Mom.