Thursday, February 26, 2009

Kaua'i - Island Of Love

Hawai'i is dominant in my thoughts this morning, as I look outside to see a "wintry mix" of snow and freezing rain.  Konrad's peas (a story for another day) are wilting by my window, and I'm afraid grow lights shall have to be employed today.  I drift away to Kaua'i, Island of Love.  If you are a boomer, surely you remember Elvis in "Blue Hawai'i" and the catchy little tunes that bring the Islands to life.  

Is it possible that G-d made a mistake when he landed me in the mountains of upstate New York?  Perhaps, because when we left Kaua'i, I cried....and vacation was not yet over!  We still had a week of other islands left to enjoy....but Kaua'i inspires me to feel as free as the breeze.  Only good can come from a little Aloha in one's life.