Friday, February 27, 2009

"Light As The Breeze" - Billy Joel Sings Leonard Cohen

Link Here:

Have you ever listened....really listened....to Billy Joel singing Leonard Cohen's masterpiece, Light As The Breeze? When that song pops up in a shuffle on my iPod, I have to stop in my tracks to listen, absorb, and play again. We've seen BJ many times in concert....we love him!  If ever he'd perform this live....oh, my Lord....one can only imagine. There are volumes of discussion available online, as many have offered their in-depth analysis of the magnificent lyrics.

If you become hooked, it is on Greatest Hits Volume III by Billy.  As for Leonard, now in his seventies, he commanded the largest crowd at Glastonbury in 2008 with his brilliance.

True talent surely endures.

"So I knelt there at the delta,
at the alpha and the omega,
I knelt there like one who believes.
And the blessings come from heaven
and for something like a second
I'm cured and my heart
is at ease."  LC