Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Day To Appreciate My Inspirations




My Sons, My Suns....for me, every day is Mother's Day and I've always felt blessed to have enjoyed the privilege of being their Mom.  They just never cease to amaze me.
My Grandkids, each so unique and so very loving.  Their little personalities are already quite clear to me; honestly!!  Their common thread is having dynamic and loving parents, who encourage their very uniqueness.
I think no one was more nurtured than I, by my own Mom (happily still our Matriarch!), Dad and Resident G'ma!!  My Dad left me with a Cultivated French Lilac that he propagated for me well over thirty years ago, shortly before he died.  It blooms every year on Mother's Day, filling my heart with memories of always having felt so very loved.
My Husband knows me well, and each year, he gifts me a tree or a shrub or flowers for continued enjoyment, perpetuating the sense that every day truly is a celebration of life and family.  We just never have enough of "hanging out together".  He and I are definitely on the same page in our BOOK OF LIFE.
We start young in our family....there is always time to STOP! and smell the roses.....or, the tulips!  Happy Mother's Day to all the privileged and to all who may not share blood, but who nurture those in their lives, showering them with love and affection and caring.