Friday, June 15, 2012

Canoodlin' in the Coping

Nothing empties out a swimming pool faster than snakes. Trust me! And nothing seems to enjoy the well that is created where coping meets patio more than slithery ones. Trust me! But before sunning themselves, they first snooze in the thickest of foliage, where pachysandra meets rose and potentilla. Used to be that I'd step barefoot into my gardens, for weeding and thinning purposes. Now? Forget it! I poke and prod to startle the critters away before they possess the shock factor.
Try as I might to make friends with innocent, helpful garter snakes, still they give me the heebie-jeebies. Capturing their canoodling is a step towards peace. Ya think?
To Note: As soon as this photo was taken, earlier this morning, Joe tossed the Mr. and Mrs. into the woods, in the hope that they'd consider taking up residence elsewhere. This, my Friends, would be true peace. Shudder.
 In addition, this is the ONLY species I can tolerate. I claim ignorance, when it comes to identifying what is or is not poisonous and dangerous. BabyGrand safety first...