Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Whose Wings Are These?

It's breakfast-time at the Ranch. The birds are a-chirphin', the cats are a-stalkin' and the flowers are awaitin' Hummingbird's arrival. 

Out in the wildness of our property's peninsula, I noticed a lot of commotion. Two Pileated Woodies were going at each other, in attempt to devour even more of a tree that is obviously near extinction. What a life.
Long-distance shots from inside afforded me this photo
 and my first ever Woody-wingspan capture.
Meanwhile, our neighborhood's Jelly stalked the stone wall, where Munk loves to cavort with great frequency; and...

I've spotted both the male and female Ruby-Throated Hummingbirds at our kitchen-window Impatiens, each too quick for my lens. The Mrs. dominates in size; but the Mr. wins the beauty contest, with his red patch and coloring.  Soon, I'll make a proper capture. For now, it's time for egg-whites. Catch y'all later.