Friday, October 26, 2012

Who Knew?

For a long time now, I've wanted to upgrade my vintage :-) LG phone to a smarter one. Sure, it was tough to sacrifice the qwerty keyboard for a mistake-prone virtual one. But there was a more important issue keeping me from taking the proverbial plunge.

Aubs and Hunter shall soon turn ten and nine, respectively. Ever since they were barely-talkin' babes, they've been leaving messages on my phone...

"Happy Bird-day, Gamma..."  "I wuv you, Gamma..."

The thought of losing those messages was unbearable... they will always bring huge smiles and immense joy.

Turns out, it was worth the wait. ND's Tom Hensley would be proud of my use of Garage Band on my MacBook Pro. I made a vocal recording of all the messages and can now play them back via iTunes on any of my devices. 

This Mac chick is lovin' the new iPhone 5 and its suit of armor by Otter. It has taken me a while to set it up to my bare-screen standards, but it arrived just in time to give me some device-relief from Mom's heartbreaking dilemma.

PS... Tom might be a tad upset to know that my first self-made iTunes Ringtone is excerpted from Billy Joel's version of Leonard Cohen's "Light As The Breeze", an all-time favorite of mine. Sure, I'll soon get around to one or two by ND et al. In the interim, perhaps Tom can properly channel the suggestion for a cover of "Breeze".