Friday, November 30, 2012

Let The Winter Sun Shine In

You've seen them... you know, the colorful boxes containing five-dollar bulbs that appear every Fall in farm stands and grocery stores, everywhere. I always gift them to the GrandLoves for Hallowe'en treats, the trick element being my comment, 
"You KNOW you love them more than candy!" 
Ah, the looks received in return...

Plant at the end of October and wait. They seem to do nothing, till Turkey Day... and then... they take off. Honestly, you can witness daily growth! By Christmas-time, the rewards are amazing and visually comparable to pricey florists' Amaryllis. 

I'll keep y'all posted, as my Gran's magnificent bowl is consumed by this winter garden, faring so well under the shine of the gorgeous shade... the one Joe's Gramps gifted to me many moons ago, before our Stacey home even existed. Mom's Santa sweetness sits guard. There's lots of lovin' on that table...