Tuesday, November 13, 2012

No-Baste/No-Bother Turkey Breast

A few days ago, I happened to catch Trisha Yearwood's cooking show for the very first time. She was instructing the masses on how to make a whole 12-pound bird this NB/NB way. Hmmm, "Interesting," thought I. Joe happened to bring home an 8-pound Shady Brook breast; why not? Just had to see if this really works. My adaptations were as follows:

I skipped the ridiculous amount of butter and salt the recipe calls for and instead misted with EVOO. Also, I used less water and did not boil it. With potatoes added to the veggie mix, into the 500-degree oven it went, at two this afternoon. Oven off at three - dinner served at six. There were lots of juices to render, for next week's gravy. Yay!

Succulent result. Our only "complaint"? Maybe too juicy??? 

Buon Appetito!