Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Cran-Pumpkin Bread - Repeat Recipe 'n' Revisions

Remember these??
There are just a few revisions I'd like to share for (link) Cran-Pumpkin Toasting Bread, a recipe clearly worth posting twice! We love these! 

I'd already mentioned use of quick-rising yeast. Just this one switch-up makes the bread nearly a quick one. Today, I used fresh ginger (grated with liquid), and brown sugar, instead of white. Cranberries were upped to a cupful. Salt was reduced to 1 teaspoon and... important... my dough took only 3 1/2 cups of flour. I did not need the extra 1/2 cup when mixing but did use it for shaping; so, add carefully. 

After resting the dough, I divided it in two batches and rolled each half, log style. It was simple to create even, medium-sized rolls... 14 yielded in this single batch, ready for the oven. You must try this quick, easy and fabulously nutritious recipe. Buon Appetito.