Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Drink This and Not That - Iced Tea

Sure, I'll share this recipe with you, as long as you don't hold me accountable for any ensuing weight gain…

Long before the sweet piece of lakefront property fell into our laps, we enjoyed the last public beach on Wanaksink. None remain. But back in the day, my girlfriend and I used to pack up the babies and all their gear and head to Sandy Beach. To sustain us through those energetic times, we'd take turns making a gallon of Lemonade Iced Tea. The recipe, you ask?

Just prepare your homemade tea, let it steep for a while and add a large can of lemonade concentrate. You know. The sweetened kind…

And therein lies the problem. We'd drink that stuff like it was water. After a while, I wondered why the weight gain?? Come on! Liquid diet?? Ahem. The culprit was quickly identified and the recipe designated deep within recipe archives,
ever since…

But yesterday, when I made my first batch of Legal Lemon Iced Tea (you know how to do it), I was reminded of times gone by… speaking of which…



I'm always thrilled to find the above-pictured, vintage/nearly-antique glass juice bottle in my stash. It's one of the few things that made the eBay-days-cut, 'cause for my entire childhood, it held our morning Vitamin C. A small can of Minute Maid concentrate and a few cans of water. Remember? I'm sure it was gifted to Dad at a grocers convention, or the like. Whatever. It stays. Here's why...

Even sugar-free, my iced tea rocks! Just has to be that bottle.