Friday, August 8, 2014

Birthday Boy Bri ♡

Had to laugh, this morning, as I took the requested birthday cake from the oven. The wrens were going nuts in the bird condo, making an exorbitant amount of noise… and there she was. Cake down, camera up… gotcha! A momma feeding her babes - photo below. Ah, there's something so familiar about that. Life imitating nature.
Thing is, Joe and I just cannot believe Bri's 44… the years literally took flight, speeding along at an unreal pace. Even CocaCola knows it's a special day, though their product is rarely a drink of choice. But who could resist such a special salute?
I told Bri it seems like just yesterday, when he rode around on the little train and called out every few minutes, "I love you, Mommy." Ask me how many kids have ridden the train that now awaits Lyla's turn.

And back to the cake. This one has been around a long, long time, but I haven't made it in years. It was a request. Some things never change - well, that is if you don't alter the recipe!
Love you, Honey. See ya later. Happy 44th.

EVENING UPDATE: