Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Icy Nor'easter

We had some terrible issues with deadly ice delivered by the latest storm. There was a pile-up on our local Route 17 that was fatal for one driver and sent three others to the hospital. Humongous tractor-trailers were involved in crushing cars. Brian responded at 3:00 a.m. and didn't get here till noon. The highway was closed for many hours. Such a sad start to the day. Our prayers go out to families involved.

For us, thankfully, the storm delivered the kids and we spent a peaceful afternoon. Honestly, days like this remind me why I like to decorate early. Every day enjoying the twinkling lights of a Christmas tree is so meaningful. Something to savor. And then there are the outside trees… crystalline and pretty to look at from the toasty indoors. The birds were busy, once again.
We made Waldorf stars for the window; the kids were happy to take a few home. Aubs did her nails. Time flies. Wasn't it just yesterday that she needed me for that? Gav-The-Budder-Master curled up and played Minecraft for a while, as we all watched some Disney. There was food. :-)

Before he left, Gav asked me if I still hurt. How sweet. He was relieved to know that I'm much better. What more can a girl ask for?

Giving thanks for the safety of my family and ever-prayerful for it to continue.