Thursday, July 2, 2015

Bread Alone… Don't Judge Me

In a Dinner Declaration last night, I told Joe that I'd gladly make him a burger or something easy, but my fare would consist of blueberry pie à la mode… period (yesterday's blog). My calories would be used in a guilt-free substitution of dessert for dinner. Come on, Guys 'n' Gals, isn't less truly more? Reminds me of Niece Kim when she was a kid. If there was cheesecake in the fridge, she'd have it for breakfast and lunch, in lieu of other food… I digress…

My choice of Breyer's was vanilla, of course. What "matches" berries in a better way. Before you judge, consider the exorbitant amount of antioxidants I consumed, not to forget the inclusion of dairy and bread groups. So, if you think of it all as Pie Alone, herein lies my segue to…
Bread Alone. It's a brand delivered fresh to our local farm market (Broadway, Monti) on Tuesdays and Fridays. It's organic with no preservatives, making it imperative to buy fresh and freeze for further use, such as TOAST. Clearly, it makes the BEST toast to ever hit one's taste buds. But after last night's happy exclusion of "real" dinner, I thought to make breakfast extra healthy…
A slice of BA toast topped with thin layers of goat cheese, avocado and tomato did the trick. Oh, my. Try it; you'll love it.

Buon Appetito.