Friday, March 6, 2009

"No Line On The Horizon" U2





More often than not, I'm happy to have my favorite artists leave the interpretation of his or her lyrics to my imagination.  I can then hold them dear at any given moment, in any given situation, and derive from them the message I'm in need of.

Not so this morning, when GMA gave us a mini-concert by my all-time favorite rock 'n' roll band, U2. Performing at Fordham University in the Bronx, they were wide awake and rarin' to go at 8:05 a.m.

During an interview, Bono revealed the inspiration behind U2's new album, No Line On The Horizon, as the moment in time during sunset over Killarney Bay, when the sky and the sea meet and blend into one color, representing infinity....and further in his interpretation as "...no end in sight...for mankind".  As he spoke, I recalled the above photo, taken at a rare and brief moment in time, when we were treated to the parting of the clouds and the view of the Na Pali Coast from our vantage point, high in the sky of Waimea, Hawai'i.










Further intrigue for me in the few degrees of separation between the people, thoughts and events of my life factored in; here's why: Joe and I enjoyed gorgeous views of the Hudson River yesterday, as we dined in a window seat of a riverside restaurant; our inside-looking-out view is here. We commented on the soothing qualities that any body of water seems to possess.  I thought aloud that while that is so true, "..there is nothing like the endless view we experience from oceanside...as we wonder about what lies beyond."  Bono said it better; but, hey, this morning I feel a connection.

So much music, and so little time.  My hope is to someday rock live with Bono and the boys....before I need a walker!!  Here's to a...

Beautiful Day (U2)

"See the world in green and blue
See China right in front of you
See the canyons broken by cloud
See the tuna fleets clearing the sea out
See the Bedouin fires at night
See the oil fields at first light
And see the bird with a leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colors came out" U2

COLOR ME INSPIRED