Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Fans Divided

"You are entitled to your opinion, but....
Infamous words; would you agree? Yes, there are those fanatics in certain celebrity camps who attempt to shove personal opinions down the throats of others, all under the guise of passivity. In reality, it's clearly passive aggression being executed. Dare to disagree? Disparaging remarks and revelation of your once-private identity will follow, for all the virtual world to see.

So happy that I removed my voice from such communities. Still, I read, and it is appalling to witness the acerbity that crosses Internet paths, directed towards those who continue to opine in an honest way.

Long story short? I don't like Mr. D's new album, "Dreams", and will not be purchasing it. Period. After almost five successful decades in the business, it is clearly his right to record what he pleases. Somewhere in the depths of CMI, I spoke to that subject. Having said that, I assert my right to subscribe to only the 
music I love. There is plenty of that, for which
 I am grateful. Period.