Friday, November 19, 2010

Out Of The Mouths Of Babes♡

When our children were very young, a close friend and I concurred that no-school snow days were the best. We loved having them safely under wing, to enjoy blustery weather that dictated pajama days.

While not snowing, 'twas cold and cloudy today... a perfect no-agenda day to share with Baby Grands on a day off from school. My iPod provided a soundtrack comprised of music mostly new to them. Lego building, painting, planting, cooking, eating, tumbling, weaving, reading, dancing and tons of chit-chatting were accompanied by a plethora of my all-time favorites. 

At one point, amazing little Gavin looked up from an activity to say, "Wait, G'ma, that song is from 'Barry And The Bee'." George Harrison was singing "Here Comes The Sun". Aubs explained that Gavin meant "The Bee Movie". I've since learned that Sheryl Crow sang it for the film. About five minutes later...

Though seemingly quite engrossed in painting, Aubrey began to undulate her arms and hands in the air, saying, "G'ma this music makes me want to fly." ND fans, brace yourselves. The orchestration at the beginning of "Be" was playing.

I was astounded... I mean, goose-bump astounded. Joe and I exchanged incredulous glances. I asked Aubs if I'd ever explained the meaning of the score to her. "No, G'ma; never. I proceeded to tell her a bit about Jonathan Livingston Seagull, at the same time trying to impart just why we were so intrigued by her interpretation of the music.

Staring at the sea and listening to my standard JLS fare shall forever be redefined by today's memories - the ones that unfolded under our Jonathan-inspired light. Yep, here comes the Sun.
By Night And Day