Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Sick Day... No, Really... A Sick Day :-)

Gavin spiked a high fever, the other night, so he came to hang out here, yesterday. It was teeming rain, outside, and thus we designated it a Pajama Day For Movie-Watching. And we watched... and watched... and watched... NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC'S ***"Really Wild Animals"*** and "The Chipmunks Chipwrecked" and "Despicable Me". Actually, I recommend all three... no kidding!!

"G'ma, I can't believe we watched THREE movies!"

"Honey, I'm exhausted from doing nothing. I haven't watched that much TV since I was YOUR age!"
"Gavin, there shall be NO leaping from the furniture!!!" said I, as I returned to the room with snacks.
But y'all know that you can't keep a good man down. So, when couch-cuddling got tiresome and energy levels were bursting, the G-Man built himself a few forts. When they collapsed, he switched to obstacle courses. Couldn't help but reminisce about the good ole days when Ronnie and I executed our own architectural skills. We were supposed to be doing chores on Saturday mornings, but sofa cushions held much more interest, if ya know what I mean.

Problem is, Gavin is still sick and received a double diagnosis, today... strep AND the flu. Am I doomed? If so, he'll have to come back to nurse me for a day.

***"Oh, whaddya want for lunch...whaddya want to munch?
How 'bout some fruit bunch... or somethin' with lots of crunch?
Just give me a bunch of lunch... crunchy, munchy lunch..."***