Tuesday, May 1, 2012

"Trying Is Free" - A Recipe ♥

Little did I know when Gavin was busily creating his music shop that his sign would so aptly apply to Aubrey's endeavors in the kitchen. No grass grows under Gav's feet, as the saying goes, and his store was born of an incredible imagination, in just a few moments of downtime. For just $4.56, I (re)purchased the big djembe drum. What a bargain!


Meanwhile, Aubs was hounding me to teach her how to make the strawberry sauce I'd mentioned earlier. Why not? It would go well with Nanny's 93rd birthday cake, already concocted by the kids. As I've mentioned before, my girl has inherited the cooking gene. (Bri later confirmed that she still loves the cooking channel; he'd taped "Chopped" for her. I love this!)



Wouldn't you agree that deriving sounds from all neat instruments is clearly the best part of shopping for one... and taste-testing is the best part of kitchen duty?

Oops, I almost forgot about the recipe! Chop fresh berries or use frozen/sliced... pile a few cups into a saucepan, add about one-third cup sugar, a couple teaspoons lemon juice and one of pure vanilla extract. Let it all simmer away and reduce to the thickness you desire. 

How awesome it is that life can be so delicious and...
What a bargain!