Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Mouths of Babes ♡ Chloe

As part of our weekly phone ritual, Chloe and I discuss the previous week's artwork. She has a fabulous teacher, this year - Miss Stephie. One Sunday's perfectly clear description of what they'd done in class led me to an Internet search and quick discovery that it is called "resist art". 

We further discussed what supplies were needed in order to…
 "… show you how to do it, G'ma."
Adorable. 

So, on Christening Weekend, Aubs and I learned to draw with oil pastels and crayons, after which we painted with watercolors. Therein lies the resistance, as the wax and oil repel paint to show pretty designs. Honestly, at six years old, her teaching capabilities are astounding. 

Chloe had other projects that she'd saved for me, as well. Upon handing me the "sunflower" with her photo, she said…

"G'ma, this is so you don't forget me."

Be still my heart.