Thursday, April 30, 2009

"American Idol"-The Analysis From My Point Of View

Adam found himself in the bottom three of five on "American Idol" last night; stranger things have happened on the show.  Consider Chris Daughtry, and please read on.  It was fun to have my Buffalo Cousin Bonnie call, though, as we wondered, "What happened??" Here are a few reasons suiting my personal opinion:

1.  Competition has been lacking in the show, with Adam's level of performance being in a zone of its own.  Fans of the show usually enjoy the suspense.

2.  Randy's comment about Tuesday's performance being a bit too theatrical and Broadway-ish might have made some think twice about what exactly they wanted to see on an Idol stage.

3.  Danny, Kris and Allison were terrific.  Matt's elimination was correct, albeit tearjerking, I believe.  Rarely do I disagree with Simon's commentary; I was surprised to hear such extravagant kudos, in this case.

4.  Everyone loves an underdog...or underdogs, as here.  Maybe good old human nature kicked in to allow for their votes.

5.  There are those who are saying that Adam "...will do well anyway; someone else should get a career boost from an Idol win."  Hmmm; that one bothers me.  Maybe our new President should have moved over to allow the old(er) man one more moment in the sun? I know, I know; a poor analogy.  Hey, it's early; but a (potential) winner is a (potential) winner!  Again in my opinion, Adam clearly has Idol qualities.  

6.  "It ain't over till the fat lady sings!" (How appropriate this cliché here.)

Whatever!  Next week is Rock 'n' Roll week, my favorite.  I'd love to see Adam Lambert come out to perform his version of "One Night With You", as a reminder of an illustrious moment in Musical Time.....no frills.....well, um, except for maybe slicked back hair and a black leather suit: