Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"I Love, I Love, I Love My Dinosaur Pet"

Never a huge fan of his music, I've become a huge fan of the Man; the "other" Neil...Sedaka, that is.  His appearance on "The Regis Philbin Show" yesterday morning was worth a mention to Joe at dinnertime.

Mr. Sedaka, now a whopping 70 years old, has three grandchildren in his life, for whom he often plays piano and sings.  It occurred to him that revising the lyrics of his most popular happy tunes was in order.  Thus, he rewrote "Calendar Girl" and ten others to suit his "little Bubelas", inviting them to sing back-up on the finished product, found at Amazon, link here: WakingUpIsHardToDo

Classy guy....a nice Jewish family man, who happens to have had an impeccable, decades-long career in sharing his undeniable gifts with the world.

I am so inspired to share this music with my own little Bubelas!