Monday, April 13, 2009

Esther The Narrator

Just the other day, I commented to my son that there doesn't seem to be a thought expressed that was not already formulated by someone in the past.  Human nature is so consistent; and when one says something seemingly brilliant (to one's self, that is!!), surely it was thought in the past, G-d only knows how often.....bringing me to Esther in BLEAK HOUSE, this quote, one of my thoughts and my blog:

"I don't know how it is I seem to be always writing about myself.  I mean all the time to write about other people, and I try to think about myself as little as possible, and I am sure, when I find myself coming into the story again, I am really vexed and say, 'Dear, dear, you tiresome little creature, I wish you wouldn't!' but it is all of no use.  I hope anyone who may read what I write will understand that if these pages contain a great deal about me, I can only suppose it must be because I have really something to do with them and can't be kept out."  Charles Dickens circa 1852

Who can say it better?

Happy Monday circa 2009!