Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Berry Intoxication


Yesterday, I thought to use up leftover frozen berries, making room for the fresh, in-season product. Using blues, blacks and reds, I whipped up a batch of ice-pops. As I removed them from the molds this morning, the Cuisinart was busy freezing a concoction to finish them off. 

Along with those yummy cherries mentioned in my last post, Joe purchased lots of fresh blueberries.... enough to spare for a batch of Best Blues. Nothing like the real thing. It pays to beat the heat by getting up at sunrise... no guilt in lighting the oven on what's to be a steamy day.

To Note: Add tons of berries and stretch that batter to make a dozen muffins and a small loaf.
I've provided links for recipe suggestions herein, each from previous CMI posts. There is always wiggle room to make each your very own!

Berry Buon Appetito.