Thursday, October 7, 2010

Dancing Bears

The tradition began when Bri became a Grateful Dead fan.  He purchased a Dancing Bears collar for his first Airedale, Samson. When Sam's half-brother, Ike, came along, Bri gifted him his first adornment. We continued the tradition with Mambo.
Over the years, we've encountered many an old hippie and "knowing" utterances of what our favorite pastime must be. NOT! NEVER! Unlike President Clinton, not even ONE puff. But, hey, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the collar. 
"Time for a walk?"
These items will never, as in not ever, wear out. Regardless, I took it upon myself to gift my pooches with new looks. Both are very handsome, indeed, in their current attire. I don't part with tradition easily, though. Already, I kind of miss their Dancing Bears, and you just never know when I'll be ready to take on those comments, once again. Hmmm; I wonder what happened to all those Jerry Garcia ties I gifted Bri.