Thursday, October 7, 2010

Old Dogs 'n' Old Tricks

While I'm on the topic of pooches, I must again speak to the benefits of the (link) Glucosamine concoction I've been dosing Old Ike with. A little history:

Ike has always liked furniture; and, he's a nester. This means that he not only seeks the comfort of our loungin' chairs, but he also likes to circle and "dig", before settling in. I don't think so; wrong house. Long ago, the experts told us to set off new mousetraps to startle the exiled dog; then place unset traps on furniture, when necessary. So our home appeared to suffer from a rodent problem; but, hey, it worked.

You might have noticed the cushy beds each of our pets possesses, pictured in the previous "Dancing Bears" post. Add to luxury beds the fact that for the past year or so, Ike has been too lame to climb on furniture. 
Exit mousetraps. Enter Glucosamine. Till...

Early this morning, I found him in my favorite chair, sound asleep and snoring. He remained so through a photo shoot. Dreamin'?
Lost In Dreams
I must be softening. I didn't chase him. He's old. He mostly hurts. I celebrate his rejuvenation and ability to laze in my chair. I attribute his revival to the healing effects of Glucosamine...but tonight,
it's back to mousetraps.