Friday, April 27, 2012

You Never Know Who You'll Find On A Neil Diamond Board

No longer am I registered and able to post on a certain message board, but I still read on occasion. Oooh-kay, having said that...

Along comes NOT Mary, but mention of The Association, by a Neil fan who intends to see the group in concert. IN CONCERT??? Did I read that correctly? Do you remember them? Talk about a time warp (CMI post below). Jeesh. Here's a tale:

Joe's lifetime BF invited us - then newlyweds - to spend a concert weekend in Oswego, where the band mentioned would be performing... this back in the late sixties. We left on a Friday and were caught in a mega-blizzard that closed highways. Soooo, the first night was spent at a motel in some town that I cannot remember the name of. When the roads opened the following day, we continued our journey.

You know, I don't remember much about the show.... but I do recall having taken a dare, along with Phil's then-fiancée, Deanna. We smoked cigars... big, fat, gross, disgusting cigars. No joke! Was that really me?

Deanna didn't last, in terms of a relationship. And Phil was gone, way too soon. Memories. Cherish.