Saturday, April 21, 2012

Soul Food - A Recipe Of Sorts

This morning afforded me a few hours to cook with a little passion and creativity. Time has been short, of late... hasn't it, Joe? We're in dire need of a serious food fix, so I put up a humongous pot of Bolognese sauce and baked an awesome tart. Y'all might recall the serious little gizmo I purchased for apple peeling, coring and slicing. Well, I'm here to tell you that it helps to bring a rustic apple tart to near perfection. As the fruit bakes and softens, it collapses onto itself in an orderly way, making each resulting mouthful burst with flavor. This one came crispy enough to serve as one would pizza. As for the recipe, I used honey to sweeten the apples and gingersnap crumbs/walnuts to top it. You know what to do.

Come on over for a cuppa, a wedge and a stroll through our erupting gardens.