Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Decorate THIS!

Our local GrandLoves were positively adorable, over the weekend. They have a way of quickly accelerating the Christmas spirit! I continue to place a Santa here or a bow there, in anticipation of their further glee. Chances are that I'll probably "play" with decorations till the 24th. 'Tis the festive season, you know, and I've clearly been put in the mood. Now, an anecdote...


Gavin was so cute when he spotted the wreath I'd made many moons ago, in honor of our beloved Giant Schnauzers, Baron and Sly.

"Is this Mambo, G'ma?"
"How did you make this?"
"Oh, I get it, you started with a big circle."

And on and on. He has always been interested in the "how" and "why" something works. Always.

After he framed his face and tried the big pouf as a pillow, I moved it to an upstairs bed in the new and improved kids' room, decorated in like colors. Later on, when I returned with a hammer and nail for hanging it on the wall, there it was -- perfectly placed on the cool, zebra-striped hook. The little man has a good eye! It shall bring a daily smile, during Advent 2013, and...

Not to forget mention of my virtual pal, Auntie Peaches, who will love the updated use for an Anthropologie hook. :-)