Friday, December 20, 2013

Modify Me - Table "Linens"

Each little job I can complete this week shall help towards my enjoying every minute of the blur that will be Christmas, G-d willing. I've had the table on my mind. Dinner is set in stone, with Prime Rib the recurring star of our holiday fare. But there's wiggle room in adornments… and…

Experience tells me that the GrandLoves will ask to be excused in the blink of an eye. So, when considering table linens, I recalled an Easter past, when in an attempt to keep the kids thinking "food" for a bit longer, I set using brown craft paper. I built up art stations at each of their places and it sorta worked. More importantly, it gave me an idea for this holiday…

That endless wrapping paper I ordered has served its purpose brilliantly. If you look hard, you can see its appearance in the foyer and then under the tree. There's more, if you walk into the living room! :-) And with yet a bit more to spare, I "wrapped" the board-extended dining room table. Sure, it'll need a dusting before plates and glassware are placed upon it. But who cares? I'm a happy camper. Furthermore…

Why not??!! Slightly tacky simplicity speaks, don't you think? And picture how pretty it will look with my precious little babes sitting around!
CHRISTMAS EVE UPDATE! 
Ho, Ho, Ho!!