Thursday, February 27, 2014

Chloe Love

When we hooked up with Christian and the kids, last week, Chloe couldn't wait to hand me an envelope stuffed with her beautiful artwork. During our weekly phone chats, I always ask about Miss Stephie's art projects.
"We've been learning how to draw eyes, G'ma. I'll teach you."
At six years old, she is exceptionally creative and able to envision an end result. Such is the case with the bear she asked me to create.

I think it a good idea for children to see a work in progress; and so, we began with the head.
She watched me crochet it and then she stuffed it with fiberfill.
"Is this cotton, G'ma?"
Next up was the fat body, about halfway done by the time our visit was up.
She was understanding how one piece would be attached to the other. Somehow, a bear would be borne.
And so it was…
Off it went via Priority Mail, yesterday, with a warm knitted blanket to help ease the way to Albany.
I know she'll be excited to receive it, all finished with a muzzle and a big heart…
just like her own.