Thursday, April 10, 2014

Harry Connick, Jr., Must Be Reading My Blog….





Last week in my Idle IDOL Chatter entry, I compared Sam to Ricky Nelson.
Last night I nearly fell off the couch, when Harry did the same and then told Sam to search Ricky Nelson on YouTube, to see for himself. Ouch! So far in the distant past that Sam wouldn't know?? I digress. Harry meant well.

 Just remember, you read it here first!! The ultimate compliment...
As for last night's show, we thought it not quite up to par. The judges are driving the kids crazy, with their conflicting advice:
"Make it your own."
"You were too far from the original version."
Jeesh….

Caleb won the night, we think, with his rendition of Journey's "Faithfully". Well done, though Steve Perry's voice and version is forever embedded in my brain...

Now, please excuse me. I'm needing some Ricky Nelson, guaranteed to summon up some great youthful memories.