Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The List

Lyla and I enjoyed a Color-Us-Inspired Moment!
Dawn apprised me of the ways of Montessori, as they apply to Lyla at 21 months, when we visited on Sunday. Intrigued, I decided to research further. Lo and behold, look at what I discovered
The List:
Be assured, my Mom could have written the above. And Ronnie and I were supposed to adhere. Thing is, we had Gran and Dad to cover for us, when we felt like goofing off. Cleaning the living room was more often than not "playing fort" for the two of us. Those big couch cushions were amazing for building within carpeted moats. It was fun! One time, we made the mistake of opening a soda can on a fort chair. It sprayed all over the ceiling and down the chair leg. In fear of medieval punishment, we cleaned carefully - or so we thought. When the chair was later moved, stains from the dripping leg were all over the rug. We feigned innocence, our halos glowing…
ah, sibling memories are made of this. I digress…

My older GrandLoves are brilliant and talented, for sure. But I doubt that any one of them would ace Marie Montessori's idea of what they should be doing to help 'round the house. They all seem to think a pick-up crew is following them around… but…

Lyla is saved for a few more months. As you'll note, charted chores don't begin till the age of two.
Crayola Fun still tops her version of The List.