Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Darlin' Companion

Here it is 6:30 a.m. and I find myself chuckling aloud, as I think of a friend's recent comment. Surely, she'll recognize herself! In speaking of her husband, she said, "He's so easy." Please, allow me to explain, since we all know the negative connotation attached to the same phrase, if used about a woman. She meant, no matter what her request, he complies in an exceptionally good-natured way. I can relate, with more examples than Carter has pills; but here's just one little anecdote:

Joe had a few work-related issues to attend to yesterday, in spite of the snowstorm. Soooooo, I requested that he pick up "just a few things". Two ensuing phone calls and one text later, the list had grown to include three bags-full of somewhat exotic items from two different stores. Did he complain, as I might have? No; he's just so easy. Maybe the anticipated gourmet dinner helped; I don't know. What I do know is that he always strives to make me happy. I'm gonna stick by him. Just think "Darlin' Companion" by Johnny and June.