Monday, February 22, 2010

Update *Cobbler* - It's A Keeper


The (link) recipe is outrageous! First go, I altered slightly, using old-fashioned oats, half the sugar, no salt... and I added cinnamon to the fruit. It was great. Second time 'round, I used more oats, less flour, even less sugar, more cinnamon and a sprinkle of wheat germ on top of batter. Third time coming, I'll probably use just an egg white - no yolk. That should do it!

Pears should be dripping with ripeness... and, I lowered my very hot oven to 350. Not sugary sweet, it can be served at any time of day. I like a portion for breakfast, with a couple more tablespoons of yogurt on top. Variety is the spice of life.

My ramekins are too small for single servings. What a pity... smile... I'll be shopping for perfect, 8-oz. individual bakers, 'cause this dish should enjoy an untouched presentation.

Loaded with fiber and antioxidants... most definitely -Healthy. 
Bon Appétit.