Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I Caved

Well, The Cart won, and I have in my posses-
sion an amazing new camera. Today's weather is not conducive to hiking; thus, the seeking of hidden treasures within my warm reach. The simple task of watering my plants produced a great subject, by way of a hidden flower on my Christmas Cactus, pictured above. Actually, this plant is of the variety that blooms at Thanksgiving-time... and, it did! Yes, it flowered for Turkey Day and then again for Santa's arrival. How surprised was I to find this hardy bloom, hidden underneath lush foliage!

Chickadees always cooperate, as we've many lures for them. They bounce back and forth, enjoying a diet of sunflower seeds in the feeders and berries on the prolific Burning Bush. There are scores of these friendly little birds - my favorites. This guy below cooperated beyond my greatest expectations.