Friday, May 14, 2010

Neil Diamond - Left To Chance ♡

So, if you spend any time hanging out here, you just might have an inkling as to who my favorite artist is. PV occasionally stops by; she and I have discussed chancecircumstance and coincidence on more than one occasion. Here's an anecdote for my beyond-ND Friend, and all who can tolerate yet another ND mention:

For no reason that I can identify, I've not played music for about two or three weeks; a hiatus of sorts. Perhaps it's the IDOL intrigue that has kept me from the soundtrack of my life? I don't know. This morning, I kicked iPod back into action on its Bose dock... first song, after a shuffle? Neil singing "Golden Slumbers", "Carry That Weight" and "The End", a Beatles' medley that he performs superbly. Ohhhhh-kay. I mentioned this little tidbit to to Joe, who typically gave his Neil groan. Then, it was off to a shower, etc., for me. About half an hour later, I returned to within hearing range. My all-time favorite Neil song was playing... you know, the one that I'd request, in the event I had him all to myself for five minutes of time. I've embedded it for your looking and listening pleasure; smile. To note here is the fact that I have a very eclectic collection of music on that little gizmo... hundreds of tunes... scores of artists. I love them all; but with the others, I simply do not have mysterious, higher-level connections
What is that?

Similar revelations have been my norm, when it concerns my long-term "relationship" with Mr. D. It's just meant to BE, "If You Know What I Mean".....