Friday, August 27, 2010

Red Jasmine Rice Salad - For Dawn♡

The original idea came from this website. I just now realized that the post is two years old! Well, it still holds interest for me. Thanks, Shauna, for a fantastic site, chock full of awesome GF ideas. Here's what I did with my version of this fragrant salad:

In preparing the rice, I skipped the anise and ginger. These particular flavors do not appeal to all; and this is for a crowd. The garlic is an amazing enhancer.

My veggies include an entire bunch of steamed, cut, shaved and saved (a few spears) asparagus; shaved and rolled cucumber; and halved cherry tomatoes.

My dressing is a lime vinaigrette, made with EVOO, Modena (GF) balsamic, safe mustard, fresh lime juice and ground pepper.

My garnishes are wedges of lime, saved spears and garden chives. I'll top it with chunks of avocado, upon serving, and offer a dish of crumbled goat cheese, as well.

Be sure to cool the cooked rice thoroughly, before tossing with other ingredients.

-Healthy...GF... Buon Appetito
Happy, Loving Birthday,
 Dawn-