Sunday, August 15, 2010

Satiated

It's always painful for me to leave the beach behind; but I feel so blessed to have have had seven long, satisfying days on the Cape, especially after our earlier OBX outing, this year. Mambo became very excited when he saw us packing the jeep. The poor pooch needed rest; he pretty much looked like this the entire way home.

We sailed through Waterbury, CT, where I snapped this photo from the car. It occurred to me that we've passed this tower scores of times; and I've often taken its picture. Hmmm. How about a little research? Turns out that it marks New England's most famous (link) 

A quick stop in Danbury allowed for some specialty-item shopping at Trader's; then, it was home. We found everything intact and growing like crazy. My German pal's fire bean plants look so very cool, interspersed with Morning Glories. Ahhh, the daily communion with nature cannot be surpassed.

Always, though, there is a little something to remind me of where my location loyalty lies.